Saturday, August 27, 2016

This Week in Science

The first week of school is always fun since we tend to focus on getting to know each other and building those relationships that will help us throughout the year. Our first design challenge was to create something that was able to pick a marshmallow up off the floor.  I saw everything from hand designs to claws to shovels. Watching my scholars think outside of the box gets me excited for what is to come.


Our other focus this week was lab safety. Sadly I wasn't able to record any of the skits our scholars performed about breaking rules in the lab. Ask your scholar about it and I am sure they can share a funny story or two!

And in case you missed it......

 Fourth grade teachers won GOLD at our first Friday Assembly by completing our own challenge of stacking cups with only a rubber band that had strings attached to it. We hope that we set an example for our scholars about working together!